4.4
Style and Design

My 1st purchase from Rent King was a laptop in 2016.They weren't hagglers when I would miss a payment.

I honestly only missed payments because I didn't have them on automatic billing or have any reminders set. The laptop screen would glitch when you adjust it and the port for headphones did not work. I returned it to them so that they could repair it. When they called me to tell me my laptop was ready, I picked it up and paid it off.

They couldn't fix the headphones port so they gave me some sort of adapter to use instead. Needless to say the adapter didn't work and the screen is still glitching and it's a year later since paying it off. That should've been my sign to not go back, but I like the staff and I loved that they weren't hagglers. I figured I'd give them another shot.

Fast forward, 6 months and I get a house. I wind up getting a package deal living room, dining room & bedroom set. I also added a washer & dryer. The deliver guys arrive, they set up, they're polite and kind like the rest of the staff I've encountered and they leave.

Within less than a week I discover the couch has termites and bedbugs, only because I was bit by a bedbug. Me being instantly paranoid I begin to spray the couch down in alcohol and peroxide and low and behold the peroxide foams up over all the stains I didn't even see with my naked eye. I don't even want to know what bodily fluids or germs we were sitting and laying on in that time-frame. They come out quickly to inspect and remove the furniture.

They sent someone to inspect and treat the house to make sure the bedbugs hadn't started to migrate; and to be check the other furniture that was delivered. 2 weeks later I have a new couch, literally fresh out the plastic. They compensated me by not having me pay for the furniture, while I didn't have the furniture. There wasn't really any other compensation for things.

Fast forward another 2 months and my father passes away, a week after the funeral I'm in the hospital for a week, and 2 days after discharge we're hit with Irma. Needless to say my finances were shot to *** and I couldn't afford to make my payments. The store manager text me and completely understood EVERYTHING. He told me to call them when things were looking better and he'd help me figure out how to get caught up.

Again with the no haggling. I got caught up and back on schedule with no worries or issues. If I could get a better laptop than the one I actually have, I didn't have the bug nightmare, and I can be completely sure that the mattress I have zipped away in it's protective covering is new and not used, Rent King would have a 100% satisfaction rating from me. If it weren't for their customer service, compassion and understanding I wouldn't continue being a loyal customer at all.

So, good luck! It can LITERALLY be hit or miss with them. My suggestions for future customers, request ALL new appliances and furniture, NOTHING from the store floor. Test ALL electronics before leasing or paying them off.

And, I mean a GOOD test run of EVERYTHING you would do on it once it's yours. Make sure your paper work states NEW and not USED before signing your contract.

I get it, you want instant gratification and don't want to wait for shipping blah blah blah.Trust me, it's worth the wait!

Review about: Rent King Manager.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

I liked: Caring, Compassion, Understanding, Great customer service, Fast acting.

I didn't like: Used products, Broken products, Not repaired after being told it is repaired products.

Comments